Sea Shepherd Participates in World Cleanup Day
Friday, 15 Sep, 2023
Every day is a good day to clean up our beaches, riverbanks and coastlines for Sea Shepherd volunteers, so it’s natural we’ll be participating in this year’s World Cleanup Day this weekend with events throughout the world.
Australia - September 17th
- Sea Shepherd Adelaide Marine Debris Team is hosting a community clean-up at Ozone Reserve, Henley Beach South, 9am-noon.
- Sea Shepherd Mornington Peninsula Marine Debris Team is hosting a community clean-up at Sorento Beach, 11am-1:30pm.
Germany - September 16th
- Travemünder Brodten: 11am to 2 pm. Meeting point: Parkplatz Möwenstein
- Hooksiel: 2pm to 6pm. Meeting point: Parkplatz Hundestrand Hooksiel
- Warnemünde: 2pm to 5pm. Meeting point: Parkplatz am Yachthafen, Ecke Hubschrauberlandeplatz
- Berlin Eiswerder: 10am to 2pm. Meeting point: Eiswerderpark, Berlin
- Mühlheim am Main: 11am to 2pm. Meeting point: Mainparkplatz beim Kanu Klub Mühlheim
- Köln an der Fähre Langel: 11am to 2pm. Meeting point: Parkplatz der Rheinfähre Langel / Hitdorf
- Fürth an der Pegnitz: 11am to 2pm. Meeting point: Röllingersteg an der Pregnitz. To participate in Fürth you need to wear a warning vest. Please make sure you bring your warning vest with you.
Italy - September 16th
- Sea Shepherd Italy will be partnering with PerilMare and Acam Ambiente on Palmaria Island for a beach cleanup in La Spezia (19025 Terrizzo) from 10am, bring your own gloves!
If you don’t see an event near you listed below, be sure to follow the social media of your local Sea Shepherd chapter to join other events throughout the year. SEE THE FULL LIST OF LOCATIONS HERE